1. The Government of the Russian Federation shall:
a) ensure that the State Ethnic Policy Implementation state programme of the Russian Federation includes amendments providing for subsidies to be granted from the federal budget, on a competitive basis, starting in 2018, to the budgets of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation within the framework of this state programme, based on an assessment of the effectiveness of the implementation of regional programmes to consolidate the unity of the Russian nation and the ethnic and cultural development of the peoples of Russia with due account of regional specifics.
b) ensure the finalisation of draft regulations designed to improve the procedure for classifying citizens as indigenous peoples of the Russian Federation.
c) develop and approve:
methodological guidelines for government bodies of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation and local government bodies on important issues related to the implementation of state ethnic policy, the formation of positive interethnic and ethno-religious relations in local communities, and the exposure and prevention of interethnic conflicts.
a fundamental (sectoral) list of state and municipal jobs and services in the sphere of state ethnic policy for specialised state and municipal institutions (Peoples' Friendship Houses, ethnic parks, educational, and other organisations).
a package of measures to support and develop ethnographic tourism with proper provisions for sources of funding of such activities.
d) consider state support for implementing such projects as the Audiovisual Encyclopedia of Ethnic Cultures of Russia, the Great Ethnographic Dictation national awareness campaign, the School of Interethnic Journalism, Lighthouses of Friendship – Towers of the Caucasus, and SAMOVARFEST-Russian Hospitality Festival.
e) envision a separate category, Ethnic Policy, in the Best Municipal Practices national competition, ensuring the introduction of appropriate amendments to regulatory legal acts.
2. The Government shall conduct, jointly with the Government of the Republic of Dagestan, an additional assessment of the hydrogeological situation in the Samur State Nature Reserve of federal importance and submit proposals for arranging water supply in the town of Derbent that would not have an adverse effect on the unique Samur old-growth forest.
3. The Office of the Prosecutor-General of the Russian Federation, in conjunction with the Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science, shall assess the Russian regions’ compliance with the provisions of Russian legislation relating to protection of the rights of Russian citizens to voluntarily study one’s native language from among the languages of the peoples of the Russian Federation and the official languages of the republics within the Russian Federation.
4. The highest officials (heads of supreme executive bodies of state power) of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation shall ensure:
a) the adoption of measures to increase the scope of study of the main Russian language general education programmes to the level recommended by the Ministry of Education and Science, and to improve the level and quality of their command of the Russian language as the state language of the Russian Federation;
b) the study within the main general education programmes of students’ native languages from among the languages of the peoples of the Russian Federation and the state languages of the republics that are part of the Russian Federation, on a voluntary basis at the discretion of the students’ parents (legal representatives).
5. The executive authorities of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation shall be advised to ensure that local governments identify the officials responsible for carrying out state ethnic policy within municipalities.