Instructions have been issued to submit to the State Duma draft federal laws regarding:
- the elections of senior officials (heads of the supreme executive bodies of state power) of the Russian Federation constituent entities on the basis of the will of citizens residing in the territories of the relevant Russian Federation constituent entities;
- modifying the State Duma election system and introducing proportional representation of voters in 225 territorial districts.
Instructions have also been issued to submit to the State Duma a draft federal law that provides for creating a federal contract system, and to ensure cooperation between the Government of the Russian Federation and the two houses of the Federal Assembly in order to expedite the consideration of this bill.
The following instructions have been issued in order to further counter corruption:
- to submit to the State Duma a draft federal law establishing a system for monitoring large expenditures of individuals holding public office, certain posts in the federal state service and other public officials, taking into account the correlation between such expenditures and the incomes they declare;
- to submit proposals on expanding the list of persons whose incomes are subject to mandatory declaration;
- to develop additional measures to reduce the economic interest in committing crimes for profit;
- to take steps to impose restrictions on transactions between state agencies and commercial organisations whose major shareholders include family members of the heads of relevant government agencies.
The instructions are also related to the transition to electronic interdepartmental interaction of the regional bodies of state power and local self-government bodies; assistance for families with three or more children, teachers, doctors, young engineers and scientists to improve their housing by means of preferential mortgage; development of foster family mechanisms for orphans; improving the situation in cultural institutions working with children; the introduction of mandatory mediation procedures in the resolution of certain disputes.
Instructions have been issued to submit proposals on the creation of public television, possibly on the basis of one of the existing federal channels.
Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, Chief of Staff of the Presidential Executive Office Sergei Ivanov, presidents of the Supreme Court and Higher Arbitration Court, and heads of Russian regions will be responsible for implementing the instructions.
The deadlines for executing the instructions have been set.