- Born on January 15, 1969 in Bratsk, Irkutsk Region.
- Graduated from Moscow Forestry Institute in 1993.
- In 1993–1995 he worked in various companies in Moscow.
- In 1995–1997 he was manager’s assistant, project manager, then specialist in the GR department of ROSPROM closed joint stock company.
- In 1997–2000 Oleg Govorun was manager, deputy head of the GR department, vice-president of Alfa-Bank open joint stock company.
- In 2000–2004 he was First Deputy Chief of the Presidential Main Territorial Directorate.
- In 2004–2006 Mr Govorun was Deputy Chief of the Presidential Domestic Policy Directorate.
- In 2006–2011 he was Chief of the Presidential Domestic Policy Directorate.
- From September 2011 he is Presidential Plenipotentiary Envoy to the Central Federal District.
- Decorated with the Order for Services to the Fatherland, IV degree and the medal of the Order for Services to the Fatherland, II degree.
- Married, has three sons and a daughter.