The working group’s purpose is to develop civil society institutions, ensure coordination between the state authorities, public organisations, movements and expert bodies, and develop the Open Government system.
Chief of Staff of the Presidential Executive Office Sergei Ivanov will head the group, and Presidential Aide Arkady Dvorkovich and Presidential Adviser Mikhail Abyzov will act as his deputies.
The working group has been instructed to work together with the Government to draft and submit proposals on the following Open Government priority areas by April 15, 2012:
– social policy;
– protecting citizens’ rights;
– business development and competition support;
– innovative development;
– long-term macroeconomic and budget policy;
– human resources development;
– performance indicators for the Open Government system;
– regional policy and decentralisation of power;
– infrastructure and transport;
– sports and tourism policy;
– development of systems for the electronic provision of state and municipal services, and
– development of modern communications systems.
The working group has also been instructed to take into account proposals by the Open Government international initiative and partnership in its work.