The Order of St Catherine the Great Martyr will be awarded to Russian and foreign citizens well-known for their high moral values and compassion for their outstanding contribution to peacekeeping, charity, humanitarian activities and the preservation of cultural heritage.
The distinction For a Good Deed will be awarded to Russian and foreign nationals for:
- major charity efforts to support children’s homes, nursing homes, orphanages, hospices and medical facilities in Russia;
- active public work aimed at improving the level of morality and tolerance in society, promoting human values and human rights, and combating the spread of dangerous diseases and habits;
- the contribution to the development of Russian science, culture, education and healthcare;
- assistance to NGOs and religious organisations in implementing socially significant measures;
- activities aimed at strengthening the institution of marriage and family.